The Mortgage Process
Enclosed is some information and documents to assist us, including a mortgage application but you can also fill out the app on my website at www.trentsmortgageteam.com if you so prefer. The Consent, MBRD & MBCD forms are all there as well under the Forms page. I hope you will find the information that I have provided helpful and efficient.
• To be more personable, I have attached a photograph, in my signature below, in the event that we have not yet or do not get the chance to meet in person.
• The General Process Document allows you to get a broad sense of what the step-by-step process of buying and mortgaging real estate is like. This is most beneficial for the first time home buyer vs. The repeat home buyer or the person refinancing their existing property, but still a great reference tool for anyone.
• Please fill out the Invis Mortgage Application to get the process started and if we haven't collected this personal info from you yet. All other documents including income verification can follow but is VERY appreciated up front as well. The 2 BIGGEST qualifying criteria's for a mortgage is an acceptable/good credit score and verifiable income acceptable to a lender. For Self Employed people we have programs for you as well but we will discuss all needed income documents for this situation over the phone. If you are emailing the application back, just open the Word document, add the text and then save it before sending. No signature is necessary on the application. (In the event that I have already obtained your information in the last six months, please disregard this step.)
• The Invis Customer Consent is a form that requires your signature(s), authorizing me to obtain your credit report(s) due to the Privacy Act of Canada. I must have this form signed prior to proceeding as I am not at liberty to access your private and confidential information without written consent to do so up front.
• The Mortgage Borrower Relationship Disclosure Doc was developed to assist borrowers in understanding the relationship between Mortgage Brokerages such as Invis, Mortgage Consultants such as myself, Borrowers such as yourself and Market Lenders. Along with the Customer Consent form this form will have to be signed by both of us to proceed with your mortgage application.
• The Mortgage Borrower Compensation Disclosure Doc was developed to assist borrowers in understanding how Mortgage Brokerages and Consultants are compensated, usually we are paid a commission of finder's fee from the lender we place your mortgage with but please read the information. At some point, this form will have to be signed by both of us to conclude your mortgage application, no need to worry about this one right now.
• The iProtect Invis/Canada Life Insurance brochures I've attached to get you started thinking about insurance needs in the event we fund a mortgage for you through this process. Please do not hesitate to contact myself or our Regional Manager Gary Siegle at the Calgary Regional Invis Brokerage office to discuss any of these forms or details further at 403.508.0800. Thank you for inquiring about my services. I look forward to receiving your Mortgage Application, Customer Consent form and Borrower Relationship form to begin working for you and look forward to speaking with you very soon.